Contact us

We want to hear from you!

Home Forums What do you expect from Women in Fusion? We want to hear from you!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    WiF Admin
    Keymaster

Please share ideas and suggestions with the Group.

I believe WiF is a great platform to keep in touch with colleagues from all over the world. We can help each other and fill the gaps where we find them. Also, it is a great way to find collaborations and grow all together.

WiF Forum
      Keymaster

Thank you Alicia, we are doing our best to make sure we reach the aims you mentioned, they are very much in line with our main goals.

Kalina Jackiewicz
        Participant

Hello!

I am a high-school student from Poland (17 years old) who is ~really~ passionate about fusion (and I am visiting ITER tomorrow! Cheers!). As a female representative of my generation, I am willing to help Women in Fusion in any way I can. I am unsure how I could help or who I should contact, so I am leaving my email here: kalina.jackiewicz@gmail.com.

If possible, I would love to get into your mentoring program! I am already trying to take the initiative of educating people at my school about fusion: I organized a group trip to France to visit ITER tomorrow, started building plasma discharge devices to show people at the science picnic, and I am planning to study fusion in Eindhoven after high school. When does the mentoring program start? How can one get in?

Also, is there any possibility of getting an internship or attending a summer school related to the fusion field? Because the only ones I was able to find were for at least undergraduate students.

Best Regards
          Kalina Jackiewicz (kalina.jackiewicz@gmail.com)

WiF Forum
          Keymaster

Congratulations Kalina! It is amazing how active you are!

We will be announcing the program on 8th March, if you are subscribed you will receive all the information. You, as WiF member will have the opportunity to get a mentor.

I’m not aware of any school for high school students or any internships. Studying plasma physics or fusion engineering needs quite a background knowledge, which most of the high school students are missing, but I’m sure one can make an exemption if you have the knowledge. I suggest to discuss this topic with your mentor.

Paige Donner
            Participant

Hello & Greetings WiF Members –

I am a SciComm professional. If anyone is interested in doing a short 15 – 20 minute interview with me, either podcast or zoom, about your chosen field of expertise in the fusion industry, I’d be more than happy to schedule something with you.

I did a series of interviews with fusion industry professionals last Fall/ Winter (youtube.com/@frontierdao).

I believe that for fusion to succeed sooner rather than later, people must be much more aware of what it is and what its potential means for humanity!

Thank you – Paige
              DMs are open on Twitter @FrontierDAO

WiF Forum
              Keymaster

Dear Paige,
                Thank you for the exciting suggestion! We will be happy if you also share results of the collaboration.
                Do not hesitate to ask for any help if needed!

Sincerely Yours,
                Women in Fusion

Irem Waqar
                Participant

I am senior scientist in plant breeding and genetics and currently, i m doing my PhD from university of Agriculture faisalabad in Genome editing of host susceptability factors to engineer resistance against cotton leaf curl gemini viruses. I being a female scientist is much enthuistic to help and collaborate with other female scientist to encourage, to collaborate and to strengthen each other. I have a total compliance with goals and objectives of your organization. I have completed my course work and comprehensive exam. Now actively enganged with my research activities. At this time, i m also interested in some short conference or training to get exposure of abroad and get some training related to my research work

Niimka
                  Participant

Hello, WiF members!
                    This is Niimka and I joined WiF Mentoring program recently. I was matched with a great mentor, an expert in the International Fusion Development field who is helping me to understand fusion more and ignite my interest in Fusion. Now I feel more connected to the Fusion community as well as to the recent developments and job opportunities in the field. Thanks so much for starting this great initiative, and I’m sure it will continue empower many women in Fusion industry.

Niimka
                    Participant

Hello, WiF members!
                      This is Niimka and I joined WiF Mentoring program recently. I was matched with a great mentor, an expert in the International Fusion Development field who is helping me to understand fusion more and ignite my interest in Fusion. Now I feel more connected to the Fusion community as well as to the recent developments and job opportunities in the field. Thanks so much for starting this great initiative, and I’m sure it will continue to empower many women in Fusion industry.

Sophie Cogan
                      Participant

Hello! I’m Sophie, a PhD researcher focussing on the ethics of fusion development and social science. My background is in international justice and this will be a key theme within my research, so I’d love to get in touch with women across the world interested in fusion to hear their thoughts on these issues. I believe fusion can be developed to produce global benefit, particularly in light of the climate crisis, but to do so, innovation must be squared with concerns of equity and justice.

If you have any thoughts around this, please get in touch with me at mnr513@york.ac.uk

Paige Donner
                        Participant

Dear Sophie, This is a very worthwhile pursuit within the context of energy transition and fusion energy. I applaud your initiative and look forward to seeing more of your work when you can share it.

Energy Justice was foundational for the series I produced last year on fusion energy, climate solutions and emerging technology integration (AI, blockchain). If any of the interviews can help inform your research, that would be most encouraging. More INFO here. And taped interviews on Youtube/@frontierdao “Interviews” It’s great to be in touch here!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.